4.26.2011

sit down and eat: roasted veggies

I'm not much of a vegetable fan. Give me a good juicy piece of fruit and I'm a happy woman. Give me a stick of celery and I'll just glare you down. But if it's prepared right? Well that's a different story.

My favorite way to eat vegetables is by roasting them. Such an easy and delicious way to eat your veggies.

1 bag of mixed veggies
1 TB extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt
onion powder

Toss your (thawed) veggies in the olive oil. Spread on a foil lined pan (for less cleanup). Sprinkle with seasonings to taste. Place in 450 oven. Bake for 15 minutes, stir them around, and bake another 15 minutes, or until the edges start to get golden. They get so yummy and flavorful, everyone will love them. Serve with a meal or just eat them up!

(If using frozen veggies, you will need to up your time. I always thaw mine.)


No comments: