3.05.2011

sit down and eat: cottage cheese pancakes

Now I realize that my title, "sit down and..." doesn't really apply to cooking, but it applies to eating, right? So that's what this is. Sit down and eat!

I seem to be following a trend with breakfast foods. But that's what it seems like we all love the best around here. I have a skirt tutorial coming up but that takes longer than just snapping pictures of my hand making breakfast.

This is one of my kids (and mine too) breakfasts to eat. They are packed with nice protein, have a texture that I love, and are absolutely delicious.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes:

Blend up your cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. My dog ate my food processor, so I use my blender, which is on it's last leg.

Add your eggs. Blend it really well.

Add flour (you can even use wheat flour or I've used white and oat flour mixed together), then milk and vanilla.
Add in salt and baking powder. Then add your sugar to taste. I add about this much.

Spray your hot skillet with cooking spray or use butter, which makes it so much better but less healthy.

Pour your pancakes on the hot skillet immediately.

Cook until bubbles begin to form in the middle of the pancakes.

Flip them over.

Enjoy with good maple syrup, applesauce, fresh fruit, or, my favorite, homemade buttermilk syrup (which I will post in the future.)!

Recipe:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup flour
just over 2 TB milk
dash of vanilla
dash of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
sugar or sweetener to taste

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ooooh Sami these look and sound delicious! I love catching up on your blog and I think this one is a great idea! Can't wait to see more :) I miss your smiling face at church.

Melinda said...

Mmm. I love buttermilk syrup. I'll have to try these pancakes merely for an excuse. They look delicious!

Jessica said...

They eat something VERY similar to this in Ukraine. They are quite delicious.

Mame said...

HELLO. I thought I had added this to my Blogger and I hadn't so I am just now enjoying all of these. PLEASE keep updating - you have the best ideas/do the coolest stuff up there in NY.

Mame said...

oh and please post your homemade buttermilk syrup recipe!!